One of AMR’s largest association clients has an opportunity available for a Programs Coordinator in our Lexington, KY office. This position supports conference educational programs and awards programs.
The Programs Coordinator manages conference speakers and sessions and coordinates awards initiatives for the assigned association, in support of AMR business initiatives and goals. He or she will travel 6-8 times per year.
- Manages assigned association conference program content
- Develops suggested conference themes, agenda structure, and session topics for consideration by the appropriate committees
- Makes recommendations and supports committees in the selection of keynote and session speakers, panelists and moderators that support the association’s strategic plan
- Develops/edits session abstracts and other conference descriptive text
- Determines audio/visual needs of presenters and provides to Conference Management
- Collects speaker biographies and photographs; supports speaker needs during conferences
- Ensures compliance with the association’s conference policies, procedures and budget
- Develops the text for promotional materials, conference web pages and e-brochures; coordinates design with Creative Services
- Coordinates logistics with Conference Management & Support Services
- Manages speaker stipends and authorizes speaker reimbursements
- Provides pre-conference support including assembly of registration packets, attendance lists, etc. and onsite conference and speaker support as assigned
- Coordinates and publicizes association awards programs
- Collects, reviews and organizes nominations for individual and state recognition/awards programs; supports the committees in the selection of finalists and recipients
- Develops text for promotional materials, award web pages and recognition booklets; coordinates design with Creative Services
- Orders awards and plans recognition events
- Ensures compliance with the association’s recognition policies, procedures and budget
- Plans and manages the recognition-related portions of association conferences and events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
- Ability to manage time and complete multiple and diverse tasks, achieve project goals, and produce quality work within deadlines and budget, with or without direct supervision
- Strong business acumen and sound judgment
- Familiarity with basic industry terminology and concepts
- Ability to establish, plan and follow budgets and calculate figures and amounts
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to company and client values
- Ability to travel as necessary (expect to travel 6-8 times per year)
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 3 years of related experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Procurement knowledge (public or private sector) or educational experience a plus.
- Prior association or association management company experience preferred.
AMR Management Services is proud to offer the following benefits which include but, are not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) in which you are 100% vested as of your date of hire, a generous amount of PTO, and Flexible Work Schedule. To learn more about AMR Management Services visit www.amrms.com.
Send cover letter including resume, references, and salary requirements via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Jennifer Taylor, Director of Human Resources. No phone calls, please.
Open until filled