Agricultural Communications Manager
Our Chesterfield, MO office has an opportunity for an Agricultural Communications Manager with the U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance (USFRA). The USFRA Headquarters are located in Chesterfield, MO and this position reports to the USFRA Executive Director.
The Ag Communications Manager is responsible for leading the organizations strategy and tactical implementation of all programs related to USFRA's ag industry communications. Additionally, the position will assist leadership in board and committee engagement related to USFRA ag audiences, marketing/branding the organization with the broad agricultural community, as well as general communications, and ag media and public relations.
- Manages promotion and outreach to media and public relations as it relates to USFRA and the agricultural sector
- Delivers weekly and monthly affiliate and industry partner communication reports in a timely fashion
- Assists with forecasting conditions, assesses partner needs, and allocates resources appropriately
- Assists in the preparation of agendas and reports for meetings with USFRA Board, Council, Committees and Task Forces
- Remains current on the events in the agriculture industry and the market place in order to take advantage of short and long-term opportunities
- Serves as one of the key communicators to all USFRA industry partners and affiliates
- Prepares and sends routine correspondence to potential affiliates and industry partners about the ongoing activities of USFRA
- Ensures that all affiliates and industry partners' complaints and concerns are relayed to the CEO, and are acted upon and that the results are monitored.
- Works with the Executive Director to ensure that programs, activities and services needed to fulfill the service agreement (contracts, work plans, expense fees and reimbursements, etc.) with USFRA are performed to meet AMR's obligations in the annual work plan
- Ensures the ethical and prudent operation of USFRA and AMR Management Services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, business math, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the U.S. Agriculture industry and current crop and livestock production process
- Demonstrate the core competencies of communication, productivity, quality, responsiveness and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including teamwork, coaching, writing, listening and speaking
- Capable of developing new initiatives or tactics from concept through implementation
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Program Management and Project Management skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain cooperative, positive working relationships with other employees, association clients and vendors
- Ability to guide, direct and manage multiple projects within department and with other staff members to achieve project goals on time and within budget
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong customer orientation
- Commitment to company and client values
- Ability to travel as necessary to support events (approximately 30%)
Training and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree business, marketing, communication or related field of study
- Requires a minimum of five years of agriculture industry experience
- Requires knowledge and understanding of agriculture media and media outlets
AMR Management Services is proud to offer the following benefits which include but, are not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) in which you are 100% vested as of your date of hire, a generous amount of PTO, and Flexible Work Schedule. To learn more about AMR Management Services visit www.amrms.com. To learn more about USFRA, visit www.fooddialogues.com.
Send cover letter including resume, references, and salary requirements via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Jennifer Taylor, Director of Human Resources. No phone calls, please.
Open until filled.