NASPO – Director of Strategic Programs
AMR Management Services is looking for a Director of Strategic Programs which will work directly with its client The National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO).
AMR is one of the country's most dynamic association management companies providing flexible, tailored services to trade associations, professional societies and alliances. Our mission statement is: "Through our passion, people and principles, AMR turns vision into action to enable client success."
The NASPO core mission is to help the members of NASPO achieve success as public procurement leaders in their respective states through programs and services designed to improve the quality of procurement, exchange information and share best practices, advocate the value of the profession in advancing public policy, and cooperate to attain greater efficiency and economy in the acquisition of goods and services.
The Director of Strategic Programs will be a senior level staff position on AMR's NASPO Team, which will provide public procurement subject matter expertise as well as business development and project management support for the association's research, education & outreach activities.
In consultation with the NASPO Executive Director this position will enhance the value and quality of NASPO policy deliverables by providing senior level public procurement expertise and editorial support to NASPO Policy Analysts and Committee Leaders.
- Recommending strategies and programs to achieve annual and long-range strategic goals and will:
- Determine scope, budget and timelines for special projects for Board approval
- Lead and manage special projects while coordinating volunteer and staff efforts
- Report monthly on status of special projects to the Board
- Provide end of project reporting and lessons learned
- Improving the NASPO brand by building and managing relationships with key strategic partners, publishing articles in trade journals and magazines, and promoting and representing NASPO at selected conferences and events
- Identifying opportunities for high visibility speaking engagements and other activities that will positively promote the image and mission of the association
- Remaining current on the events in the public procurement industry and market place in order to take advantage of short and long term opportunities.
- Identifying and prioritizing opportunities to improve the tools & resources available to members as well as advancing the public procurement profession through:
- Education & training
- Information sharing and data aggregation
- Policy development & advocacy
- Strategic alliances with other academic, non-profit and governmental organizations
- Serving as a resource to chief procurement officers, central procurement staff, and key stakeholders by sharing best practices and lessons learned from other states.
- Developing performance measures for association research and education/outreach activities
The successful candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, communications, public administration or related field of study
- Five or more years of senior-level executive experience in public procurement required; state government preferred
- CPPO, CPM, CPSM or other relevant certifications preferred
We'd expect this candidate to also have: excellent research, analytical, oral and written communication skills; an in-depth understanding of the procurement and regulatory processes with preferred work experience in policy development, strategic planning, and education and training in the procurement field; and an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products. It is strongly preferred that candidates be willing to work from AMR's Lexington, KY headquarters office.
AMR Management Services is proud to offer the following benefits which include but, are not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401(k) in which you are 100% vested as of your date of hire, a generous amount of PTO, and Flexible Work Schedule. To learn more about AMR Management Services visit www.amrms.com.
Application Deadline: December 13, 2013
Send cover letter including salary requirements, resume, references, writing samples (correspondence, articles or reports), and answer to screener questions (available here) to Christine Greene, Director of Human Resources via e-mail at email@example.com. For any questions about the position please contact Chrissie Greene or Nick Ruffin at 859-514-9150.